Fred Brown has been assisting 17 U.S. state governments, 5 national
governments, several US agencies, 2 NGO’s, and selected mayors
with their COVID response at no charge during this outbreak –
decision makers responsible for the health of over 2 billion people.
Fred comes to the fight against COVID-19 from a forty-year career
developing pharmaceutical solutions to fight infectious diseases
and solve the myriad challenges involved in suppressing epidemics
including HIV, H5N1, Ebola, Zika, measles, malaria and others.
- Developing and commercializing first test for HIV (Centocor/
- Managing Roche Diagnostics and Tamiflu suppression of H5N1
- Led or supported the discovery, development and/or launch of 27
pharmaceutical, 13 diagnostic and 6 vaccine products
- Global Head, Hoffmann LaRoche Product Lifecycle,
Partnerships and Informatics
Health Policy and Technology Management
- Founded and led the Healthcare and Life Sciences Divisions of
Andersen Consulting (Accenture) and IBM in the US, and in EU,
Middle East and Africa (EMEA)
- Co-founder of Alkermes (NASDAQ: ALKS). Member, Boards
ofDirectors of several venture-backed device, diagnostic,
healthcare and therapeutic companies.
- President of the largest independent specialty pharmacy and Head
of Innovation and Growth at the largest not-for-profit hospital
Trained as a medicinal biochemist, Fred has been on the discovery,
development and/or launch teams of 27 major pharmaceutical, 13
diagnostic, and 6 vaccine products. Collectively, these products save
the lives of over 5.6 million people annually and generated over $35B
of revenue in 2020.
His extensive experience managing past pandemics are now
accelerating and supporting personal, business and government
responses to COVID-19 around the world.
Fred has an unmatched ability to integrate his experience and
education with analyses of data from medical, scientific, and economic
sources, and help leaders interpret the data to develop effective action
plans. Fred has been assisting 17 U.S. state governments, 5 national
governments, several agencies, 2 NGO’s and selected mayors with
their COVID response at no charge during this outbreak.
Unlike many people with academic, medical and pharmaceutical
credentials, Fred is fortunate to be self-employed, and can speak his
mind without regard to constraints imposed by an employer or
affiliated institution. His motivation to engage full-time with this
pandemic crisis is a deep understanding, experience set, and
personal desire to help solve it; he has no commercial interests to
I see myself as a truth-telling antigen, trying to stimulate the
world’s immune system to respond more robustly to the threat.
My goal is to help people think clearly about the huge issues
raised by the COVID-19 pandemic. – Fred Brown
• Tufts University, B.S. 1981, Magna Cum Laude, Biology and
• Harvard University, MBA, 1985
• Johns Hopkins Medical School/ES4P, Board Member of
Continuing Medical Education
• University of Michigan, Adjunct Faculty and Social Venture Fund,
Health Sector Lead
• Board Member, PreDxion Biosciences and Warmilu, Inc.